H.S. Prannoy started his campaign at the World Championship in style beating New Zealand’s Abhinav Manota in straight games to enter the second round here on Monday.
Prannoy, World No. 11, saw off Abhinav 21-12, 21-11 in a lop-sided contest that lasted just 28 minutes.
Men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy, who had won the Lagos International recently, defeated Bulgarian pair of Daniel Nikolov and Ivan Rusev 21-13, 21-18 to sail into the next round.
However, Sanyogita Ghorpade and Prajakta Sawant went down fighting 20-22, 14-21 to Turkey’s Bengisu Ercetin and Nazlican Inci in 34 minutes in the women’s doubles competition.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - India remains 6th after Neha Thakur wins first medal in sailing; Divyansh-Ramita misses bronze in 10m air rifle mixed team
- Sailing at Asian Games 2023: Neha Thakur wins Girls’ Dinghy- ILCA4 silver medal
- New Zealand skipper Williamson targets World Cup return
- Russian doping in focus as Valieva case heads to court
- Asian Games 2023, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sailor Neha Thakur wins silver, India beats Singapore 16-1 in hockey, judoka Tulika Maan to fight for bronze