Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis will miss the showdown with Western Conference rivals the Oklahoma City Thunder, the NBA franchise announced.
Having already confirmed superstar LeBron James (illness) and Danny Green as absentees prior to tip-off against the Thunder on Saturday, the Lakers added Davis to the list.
Davis – initially listed as questionable for the clash – missed Friday's win over the Dallas Mavericks due to a gluteus maximus contusion suffered against the New York Knicks on Tuesday.
Flourishing since arriving from the New Orleans Pelicans in a blockbuster trade, Davis has been averaging 27.1 points, 9.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game for the Lakers.
The Lakers are riding a seven-game winning streak as they top the Western Conference with a 31-7 record.
Latest on Sportstar
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open
- Smith slightly concerned about future of Test cricket ahead of WTC final
- IND vs AUS: Rohit Sharma in England - Bittersweet tale eyeing another chapter in WTC Final
- Sunil Gavaskar: WTC final venue should be around the world instead of just one country
- “Leo wants to return to Barca,” says Messi’s father Jorge after meeting club president Laporta