Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat on Saturday outpunched New Zealand’s Obedi Maguchi in his first professional showdown in close to a year after being injured in an accident, in Auckland. The 27-year-old from Haryana met with an accident when he was returning home after training.
Goyat prevailed in just two rounds of what was to be a six-round contest as his rival’s corner “threw in the towel in the second round“.
“He conceded the bout in two rounds. It was pretty easy in the end,” Goyat told PTI over phone.
Maguchi came into the contest with an experience of five fights, including three wins. Goyat’s total fight count, on the other hand, is 16, inclusive of 11 wins.
Goyat was hospitalised after suffering “severe injuries” following a car accident in June last year because of which he could not fight in a WBC Pearl World Championship clash against British star Amir Khan.
- Asian Games 2023: Indian debutants to watch out for at Hangzhou
- UEFA Champions League: Mikel Arteta wants Arsenal to make ‘beautiful memories’ on return
- Bayern Munich vs Man United LIVE streaming info, UCL 2023-24: How to watch Champions League match; Predicted XI
- Manchester City ‘in trouble’ after Silva adds to injury list, says Guardiola
- Bayern Munich vs Manchester United, UEFA Champions League 2023: Last five meetings between Bayern and United