Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 postponed after Fury tests COVID-19 positive

Fury had first fought Wilder, who is now 35, in 2018 and took the WBC title from him in a rematch in February 2020 with a seventh-round stoppage.

Tyson Fury

WBC champion Tyson Fury has signed a contract to fight American Deontay Wilder for a third time in Las Vegas on July 24.   -  AP

The trilogy fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas this month has been called off after Fury tested positive for COVID-19, a source close to the promotion said on Friday.

WBC champion Fury had signed a contract in May to fight American Wilder for a third time on July 24.

Fury tested positive earlier this week and the fight will be postponed until the autumn, the source said.

READ: Wilder and Fury trade barbs ahead of trilogy fight

Fury, 32, had been set to face fellow Briton Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in August in a world heavyweight unification title fight, but an American arbitrator ordered Fury to fight Wilder again before September 15.

Fury first fought Wilder, who is now 35, in 2018 and took the WBC title from him in a rematch in February 2020 with a seventh-round stoppage.

For more updates, follow Sportstar on :