Woman Grandmaster Babiy Olga (Ukraine) snatched the sole lead with three points after the third round of the Velammal-AICF Woman Grandmaster round robin chess tournament held here on Tuesday. Olga defeated WIM Nakhbayeva Guliskhan of Kazakhstan in a double-edged French game where the Kazakh girl missed her way and lost in 42 moves.
Former world U-12 champion Divya Deshmukh moved into the sole second spot with 2.5 points scoring a facile win over fellow Indian Sapale Saloni.
- Babiy Olga (Ukr) 3 bt Nakhbayeva Guliskhan (Kaz) 1;
- Aakanksha Hagawane 1.5 bt Franco Valencia Angela (Col) 1;
- Chandreyee Hajra 0.5 drew with V. Varshini 1.5;
- P. Michelle Catherina 2.0 drew with Munguntuul Batkhuyag (Mon) 2;
- Divya Deshmukh 2.5 bt Sapale Saloni 1.0.