Meghalaya's Abhay Negi on Sunday hit the fastest fifty in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20, scoring a half-century off just 14 balls. Negi broke Robin Uthappa's earlier record for the fastest fifty.
Walking in to bat at four for 149, with three overs to spare, Negi clobbered six sixes and two boundaries to power Meghalaya to 207/4 against Mizoram at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Born in Uttarakhand, the 27-year-old has played for Meghalaya and Tripura. He made his first-class debut against Shillong in November last year and his T20 debut versus Bengal in Ranchi in January 2018.
Negi hit four consecutive sixes to get to the landmark.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo asks for a penalty overturn which he earned
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final