Manoj Tiwary will lead the Bengal team in the first two Ranji Trophy matches as skipper Abhimanyu Easwaran has been asked to join the Indian Test squad for the forthcoming away Test series against Bangladesh, starting from December 14.
It is learnt that Abhimanyu, who led India A against Bangladesh A recently in two First-Class matches in Cox’s Bazar and Sylhet, has been asked to join the Indian side following Rohit Sharma’s left thumb injury.
Following the development, the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) on Saturday picked Tiwary as the stand-in captain and named Koushik Ghosh as Abhimanyu’s replacement.
The CAB also selected Ravi Kant Singh in place of pacer Mukesh Kumar, who is said to be out of action due to an injury.
BENGAL SQUAD FOR FIRST TWO MATCHES
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 109/3, leads by 155 runs; Crawley hits fifty
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra rebuild after Warrier strikes; Mulani picks two in two vs Baroda
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz mentor Lisa Sthalekar impressed with team’s fielding after narrow defeat to RCB
- Irfan Pathan lauds Akash Deep for a memorable debut, terms Yashasvi Jaiswal as ‘‘special’‘