Punjab thrashed Nagaland by nine wickets to record the biggest win (by balls to spare) in Indian List A cricket during the Vijay Hazare Trophy match in Mumbai on Saturday.
Led by Siddarth Kaul’s second consecutive five-wicket haul in the tournament, Punjab bowled out Nagaland for 75 in 20.1 overs after opting to field. In reply, a quickfire 40 off 14 deliveries by Prabhsimran Singh helped Punjab waltz past the target in just 4.1 overs.
Punjab surpassed the previous record held by Railways, which won a Vijay Hazare Trophy game against Rajasthan in the 2014-15 season in 5.3 overs.
- R. Ashwin: The formidable match-winner enters the 500-wickets club
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz aims comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Sweden midfielder Olsson in hospital with brain condition, his Danish club says
- PKL 10 Semifinal 1, Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates: Road to semifinal, head-to-head, all you need to know
- Namibia’s Loftie-Eaton scores fastest-ever Men’s T20I century