- July 07, 2023 17:04South Zone 21/0, needs 194 runs to win - Stumps taken
Following rain and bad light, the day has been called off.
- July 07, 2023 16:51South Zone 21/0, needs 194 runs to win - Rain stops play again
The rain has stopped the play again after a brief restart. South opener Mayank Agarwal scored 15 off 12 with the help of three boundaries.
- July 07, 2023 16:13North zone vs South - Heavy rain
- July 07, 2023 16:07West Zone vs Central - Called off
The conditions aren’t getting any better and the match officials have decided to call off the day three at Alur.
- July 07, 2023 16:03West Zone vs Central - Inspection
The captains have gone back but umpires and match referee still assessing, reports Pranay Rajiv.
- July 07, 2023 15:56West Zone 292/9 - Inspection
Both the captains and umpires are on the ground, having a look.
Pranay Rajiv: Seems like there are some damp patches.
- July 07, 2023 15:48West Zone 292/9 - Slight drizzle
Both clouds and covers are back. Slight drizzle again, reports Pranay Rajiv from Alur.
- July 07, 2023 14:57West Zone 292/9 - Inspection at 3:30 PM
Pranay Rajiv: Ground inspection at 3:30. Super soppers in work.
- July 07, 2023 14:27South Zone 7/0, needs 208 runs win - Rain stops play
After just one over, the rain has stopped play at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium also.
- July 07, 2023 14:17South Zone 0/0, needs 215 runs to win
The South Zone openers are out in the middle to chase the 215 runs target set by North Zone.
- July 07, 2023 14:03West Zone 292/9, leads by 384 runs - Rain stops play
As soon as Pujara got out, the match stopped because of rain.
Pranay Rajiv: Solid rain. Should be the end of days play.
- July 07, 2023 14:00North Zone 211/10, leads by 214 runs
And the last wicket falls in the form of Harshit Rana, who got bowled by R Sai Kishore after scoring a quickfire 38 off 36 balls.
South Zone needs to chase 215 runs to win the match.
- July 07, 2023 13:59West Zone 292/9, leads by 384 runs
Cheteshwar Pujara RUN OUT!
Pranay Rajiv: Saransh Jain with an incredible run out of his own bowling.
Ran forward, picked up the ball and threw it down in one motion. That was probably the only way Pujara was getting out.
He goes after scoring 133 off 278 balls.
- July 07, 2023 13:49North Zone 200/9, leads by 203 runs
Vaibhav Arora is the batter dismissed. Sai Kishore gets him to edge one to keeper Ricky Bhui. Harshit Rana still at the crease and he is joined by the last man Baltej Singh.
- July 07, 2023 13:41North Zone 198/8, leads by 201 runs
Vaibhav Arora and Harshit Rana continue at the crease and have taken North’s lead past 200 runs.
- July 07, 2023 13:40West Zone 289/8, leads by 381 runs
Pujara continues to push West Zone forward. He is on 131 off 265 deliveries. Arzan Nagwaswalla provides support from the other. He’s not opened his account yet but has seen out 11 deliveries.
- July 07, 2023 13:25North Zone 185/8, leads by 188 runs
V Vyshak gets his fifer with the wicket of Nishant Sindhu who falls for 15 off 27.
Harshit Rana has taken an aggressive approach and with the help of three fours has moved to 20 off 18 deliveries. Can the North Zone tail wag?
- July 07, 2023 13:22West Zone 266/8, leads by 358 runs
Pranay Rajiv: Chintan Gaja’s stay at the crease doesn’t last too long. Saurabh Kumar gets his fourth as he entices an edge from Gaja, which is scooped up by Jurel at silly point.
- July 07, 2023 13:10North Zone 165/7, leads by 168 runs
V Vyshak strikes again. He gets Pulkit Narang to hole out to Hanuma Vihari.
South Zone in command here and it surely senses the chance to bundle out North Zone below 200.
- July 07, 2023 13:04North Zone 164/6, leads by 167 runs
It is all falling apart for North Zone. Captain Jayant Yadav falls, castled by V Vyshak.
- July 07, 2023 12:56West Zone 259/7, leads by 351 runs - Pujara hits hundred
Hundred for Pujara. His 60th First Class ton to go level with the great Vijay Hazare.
- July 07, 2023 12:47West Zone 245/7, leads by 337 runs
Saransh Jain strikes right after Lunch. He gets the wicket of Dharmendrasinh Jadeja.y
Chintan Gaja is the new batter for West Zone.
- July 07, 2023 12:44Back!
The second session is underway at both the venues.
- July 07, 2023 12:10North Zone 152/5, leads by 155 runs - Lunch
Nishant Sindhu and Jayant Yadav batting for North as the first session comes to an end. North Zone was the clear winner in the session until it lost the wickets of Prabhsimran Singh and Ankit Kumar in quick succession. The lead is still some way from 200 and if South can strike couple of wickets more it would be in a commanding position in the game.
- July 07, 2023 12:05West Zone 245/6, leads by 337 runs - Lunch
Pranay Rajiv: Central has managed to knock down three West wickets, but had not been able to pose a challenge to Pujara. It’s almost as if he is batting on a different surface. The only time he was beaten was when he attempted a cut shot off Saransh Jain. He ends the session on 92 runs. Jadeja with him right now as West swells its lead to 337 runs.
- July 07, 2023 11:59North Zone 147/5, leads by 150 runs
One wicket brings two. Ankit Kumar too departs as Sai Kishore picks his first wicket of the innings. The two wickets towards the end of this session just slightly tilt the scales in favour of South Zone.
- July 07, 2023 11:51West Zone 233/6, leads by 325 runs
Cheteshwar Pujara moves to 81 runs. Surely, a century in sight for the India international. Dharmendrasinh Jadeja is on nine off 19 deliveries as the West Zone lead continues to stretch past 300.
- July 07, 2023 11:46North Zone 147/4, leads by 150 runs
Prabhsimran Singh falls to V Vyshak. He holes out to Sai Kishore on 63 runs. Nishant Sindhu joins Ankit Kumar who is on 26 off 63 balls.
- July 07, 2023 11:30West Zone 213/6, leads by 305 runs
Saransh Jain strikes again.
His pacy off spin has been causing some trouble to both Atit Sheth and Pujara.
Jain catches Sheth in front of the stump with one that slid on.
- July 07, 2023 11:15North Zone 117/3, leads by 120 runs
Fifty up for Prabhsimran Singh. He’s ensured the innings was not derailed after the early wicket of Ankit Kalsi. Setting up a platform for a big lead.
- July 07, 2023 11:13West Zone 207/5, leads by 299
West brings up its 200. Atit Sheth has joined Pujara and has moved to eight runs of 15 deliveries. Pujara playing a trademark innings. He’s on 66 off 159.
- July 07, 2023 11:01North Zone 108/3, leads by 111 runs
Hundred up for North Zone. Prabhsimran Singh leading the charge as he moves to 43 runs. Ankit Kumar sticking with him at the other end. Their partnership is four short of 50 runs.
- July 07, 2023 10:57West Zone 197/5, leads by 289 runs
It’s the end of Het Patel’s innings.
Pranay Rajiv: Saransh Jain’s part time spin works as he forces a mistake out of Patel. He offers a simple catch to Amandeep Khare at short leg.
- July 07, 2023 10:47West Zone 197/4, leads by 289 runs
West moves closer to 200 runs. Pujara and Patel seems to be comfortable batting in the middle. Their partnership is now worth 47 runs.
- July 07, 2023 10:33North Zone 88/3, leads by 91 runs
Prabhsimran Singh showing more of his fluent shot making. The wicketkeeper-batter hits two fours to get to 30 runs. Ankit Kumar still not able to get a move as he bats on five off 31 deliveries.
- July 07, 2023 10:30West Zone 185/4, leads by 277 runs
Het Patel finally has a boundary. Two of them actually. Covers drives off Shivam Mavi. He reaches 19 off 35 with those two hits. Pujara batting on 61.
- July 07, 2023 10:13Mayank Agarwal is a busy man on Day 3
- July 07, 2023 10:11North Zone 67/3, leads by 70 runs
The wicket of Ankit Kalsi has clogged the North scoring rate. The new man in, Ankit Kumar has played 17 deliveries for just two runs. Prabhsimran, who had looked to score in his first innings, has also been quiet till now.
- July 07, 2023 10:04West Zone 167/4, leads by 259 runs
The first sign of aggression by the West batters. Pujara hits two fours and moves to 60 runs off 118 deliveries. Het Patel is on eight runs of 20 deliveries.
- July 07, 2023 09:52West Zone 154/4, leads by 246 runs
Central Zone has put a halt on the runs in the first few overs. Just five runs scored so far. Pujara has played nine deliveries and scored one run. The new batter Het Patel on four off 13 deliveries.
- July 07, 2023 09:48North Zone 61/3, leads by 64 runs
Ankit Kalsi falls. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. He was proactive in punishing loose deliveries but he falls to Kaverappa. 29 off 29 for Kalsi, 24 of those came of fours. North leads by 64.
- July 07, 2023 09:36West Zone 150/4, leads by 242 runs
Saurabh Kumar strikes in the very first over. Sarafaraz Khan has to walk back.
Pranay Rajiv: He drags Sarfaraz forward into a front foot defence, but spins the ball away from the batter. Upendra Yadav completes a good catch.
- July 07, 2023 09:33North Zone 51/2, leads by 54
Vidwath Kaverappa to bowl the first over of the day. Prabhsimran Singh continues from six runs while Ankit Kalsi is on 21.
- July 07, 2023 09:14Tilak Varma gearing up for West Indies tour
Tilak Varma walked out to bat for South Zone on the second day of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday with new confidence. For, on the previous night, Tilak had earned his maiden international call-up, as part of the T20I squad to tour West Indies.
“My childhood friend called me and said that I had been selected. I made a video call to my parents - they were crying. My coach (Salam Bayash) was also very emotional,” Tilak said.
Full Story by Ashwin Achal:
- July 07, 2023 09:03North Zone vs South Zone - Day 2 Report
- July 07, 2023 09:00West Zone vs Central Zone - Day 2 Report
- July 07, 2023 08:53Scores at Stumps, Day 2
West Zone 149/3 & 220 vs Central Zone 128 - West leads by 241 runs
North Zone 51/2 & 198 vs South Zone 195 - North leads by 54 runs
- July 07, 2023 08:25As things stand
West Zone took control on its semifinal clash against Central Zone on Day 2. Having been bowled out for 220 runs, West replied swiftly with the bowl. Central was bundled out for 128 runs inside 30 overs, handing North a lead of 92 runs. Cheteshwar Pujara and Suryakumar Yadav consolidated on the lead and struck fifties to extend it to 241 by Stumps. On Day 3, the side will look to post a mammoth target for its opponent and place one foot in the final.
The North Zone vs South Zone game hangs in the balance. South’s collapse - from 144/4 to 195 all out - gave a slender advantage to North Zone worth three runs. Vaibhav Arora and Jayant Yadav starred for North. South was able to remove to batters in North’s second innings when rain brought an end to the day’s play. The morning session holds the key to the match. If North is able to extend the lead past hundred without losing any wicket, it will be in the driver’s seat. On the other hand, if South gets breakthroughs in the first session, it could reduce North’s second innings total and hope to chase it down.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs U Mumba: GG 16-18 UM, Giants makes a comeback after the break
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: TN coach Kulkarni terms quarterfinal against Mumbai as ‘contest between red-ball and white-ball legacy’
- ECB launches cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin to be played on January 24 after snow chaos