- November 19, 2023 22:26AUSTRALIA ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!
That’ll be it from us. The ceremonies conclude with the Hon’ble PM of India, Shri Narendra Modi, handing over the coveted trophy to Australia skipper Pat Cummins.
The Australia skipper collects it from the PM, who steps down from the dais to congratulate the rest of the Australian team. It has been a crazy year for this side - first the Ashes, then the WTC final and now the ODI WC final. They have won everything.
- November 19, 2023 21:47THE DRONE SHOW STARTS
A first in any sporting event, the crowning of champions will have 1,200 drones creating magic in the night sky with the first ever aerial CHAMPIONS board.
This will be followed by a mesmerising fireworks display by the winners of the biggest fireworks competition in the world - Blackpool’s annual World Fireworks.
- November 19, 2023 19:38DRINKS BREAK - LASER AND LIGHT SHOW BEGINS
The ring of fire lights up and there are lasers going off in the tune of Dil Jashn Bole, the official ICC World Cup 2023 anthem.
The audience, seemingly enjoying every bit of it, would, however, be more interested in the action on the field at this moment. We bet Maxwell ain’t liking any of this, though!
- November 19, 2023 18:16LEHRA DO!
The spectators join in as Pritam and the others sing Lehra Do from Ranveer Singh-starrer 83. Ranveer played the role of Kapil Dev in the movie, which is about India’s World Cup-winning campaign in 1983.
- November 19, 2023 18:04THE MID-INNINGS CEREMONY GETS UNDERWAY
Dancers are taking positions with the flags of all 10 teams. LM Productions have started the laser show on the roof of the venue. Akasa Singh and Nakash Aziz sing Tiger 3’s hit number Leke Prabhu Ka Naam. Pritam is the final performer to enter the field of play. He sings Jeetega Jeetega from 83. The others join.
- November 19, 2023 14:00THE MATCH IS UNDERWAY
The much-awaited clash begins. For all updates on the game, please click on the highlight in the ‘Key Updates’ section above.
See you all soon...
- November 19, 2023 13:54TIME FOR THE ANTHEMS...
Sachin Tendulkar can be seen standing on the FOP beside today’s match officials. The Australian anthem will be played first, followed by the host nation’s.
- November 19, 2023 13:38THE AIRSHOW BEGINS...
The nine-Hawk Mk-132 SKAT strong Suryakiran squad soars, leaving behind a trail of white smoke! It is a sight to behold. The 10-minute show is being organised in sync with music that pays tribute to a ‘New India’.
This is the first time the Suryakiran produced an aerial show ahead of any cricket match in India. Its pilots are a part of the 52nd Squadron of the Indian Air Force.
“Deafening sound,” Shayan texts from the stadium.
- November 19, 2023 13:33IT’S TOSS TIME!
The coin flip goes in favour of Pat Cummins and Co. Australia will bowl. Both sides are unchanged.
- November 19, 2023 13:04AIRSHOW TIMINGS
The IAF airshow will start at around 1:50pm IST after toss, reports our correspondent Shayan Acharya from the venue.
- November 19, 2023 12:55WILL DUA LIPA PERFORM AT THE ICC WORLD CUP FINAL?
Although there were initial rumours of Dua Lipa performing at the Narendra Modi Stadium, turns out she won’t be a part of the ceremony. She, however, did shoot a special segment with some players including Shubman Gill for the official broadcaster.
- November 19, 2023 12:45FOLLOW ALL THE MATCH UPDATES HERE
India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: Toss soon; Rohit’s men aim to extend winning run at Narendra Modi Stadium
India vs Australia Final Live Score: Check world cup final updates, scorecard and highlights from the IND vs AUS match being played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- November 19, 2023 12:41LIGHT-AND-SOUND SHOW IN THE SECOND DRINKS BREAK!
For 90 seconds during the second innings break, the roof of the stadium will be used as a canvas for an internationally programmed lights-and-laser show.
The show would use advanced multimedia technology from a firm in the UK. These high-tech installations have already been used at World Expos, National Day celebrations, 4D immersive cinemas, and high-profile marketing campaigns.
- November 19, 2023 12:26PRITAM TAKES OVER DURING THE INNINGS BREAK
Leading music director Pritam and his entourage of 500-plus dancers will perform a medley of songs. The finale will see Pritam belt out Dil Jashn Bole, the anthem of this World Cup.
(In picture: Pritam Chakraborty)
Jonita Gandhi, Nakash Aziz, Amit Mishra, Akasa Singh, and Tushar Joshi will also be a part of the power-packed lineup.
(In picture: Singer Jonita Gandhi)
The singers will take a lap of the ground on customised floats, giving the audience an immersive experience. The dancers will create formations on the field of play to create a visual delight.
Subject to a final curation by Pritam, Deva Deva, Kesariya, Lehra Do, Jeetega Jeetega, Nagada Nagada, Dhoom Machale, and Dangal are the songs which have been suggested to him.
- November 19, 2023 12:23PARADE OF CHAMPIONS
The BCCI is going to honour all the World Cup-winning skippers. Twenty-second reel highlights of their winning moment will be played out on the big screen as the former captains recount their World Cup triumph.
BCCI officials will then proceed to felicitate them with a special blazer representing the ICC CWC 23.
- November 19, 2023 12:16GOTILO!
Playback singer and lyricist Aditya Gadhvi of Khalasi fame will be performing during the first innings’ drinks break.
- November 19, 2023 11:57CLOSING CEREMONY WITH A TWIST!
Unlike most World Cups, there won’t be a closing ceremony ahead of the start of the match.
The pre-match period is reserved for an airshow by the Suryakiran team of the Indian Air Force. It is the only nine-hawk aerobatic team in Asia!
The team will be led by Flight Commander and Deputy Team Leader Wing Commander Sidesh Kartik.
A number of people, in fact, spotted the air salute drills on the eve of the game, and an advisory was issued saying the airspace will remain closed for 45 minutes today.
This is a picture of the Indian Air Force C-17 Globemaster leading nine Suryakiran aircrafts during the Air Force Day celebration at Sangam on October 8, 2023 (AP Photo/Rajesh Kumar Singh)
- November 19, 2023 11:52MAIN PERFORMERS IN THE ICC WORLD CUP FINAL 2023
- Pre-Match: Suryakiran IAF airshow
- First Innings Drinks Break: Aditya Gadhvi
- Mid-Innings: Pritam, Jonita Gandhi, Nakash Aziz, Amit Mishra, Akasa Singh, Tushar Joshi
- India vs Australia HIGHLIGHTS, World Cup 2023 Final: AUS clinches sixth World Cup title, beats IND by 6 wickets
- ICC World Cup final Presentation Ceremony Highlights: Kohli wins Player of the Tournament award, Head named PoTM after Australia beats India
- Mohammed Siraj gets emotional after World Cup final loss to Australia
- India vs Australia final highlights, ICC World Cup 2023 Closing Ceremony: Pritam, Jonita perform at innings break; laser show takes place during drinks break
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 Final Reactions: Social media reacts as Australia wins sixth title