Hello and welcome to Sportstar's LIVE updates from the third ODI between India and New Zealand.
- India wins the series 3-0. A bouncer from Doug Bracewell goes over Rayudu and the wicketkeeper to the boundary. Another big victory for India.
- Oh what a catch! Henry Nicholls has come up with some good stuff to send Virat Kohli back, off Trent Boult. A fuller ball and Kohli wanted to have a go at the bowler but ends up guiding the ball to Nicholls, who takes a well timed jump catch. Kohli departs for 60, India 168/3, needs 76 more runs to win.
- Quick glovework by Tom Latham sends Rohit Sharma back to the pavilion for 62. Rohit fails to read a slower one and steps out only for Latham to do the rest. India 152/2 in 29 overs, needs 92 more to win. Ambati Rayudu, who was just suspended by the ICC for a suspect bowling actions, joins Virat Kohli.
- Virat Kohli brings up his 49th half-century. It has come in 59 balls, with five fours and one six.
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli bring up the 100-run partnership for the second wicket. Both of them embrace each other in the centre of the pitch. India 139/1, needs 105 more to win.
- Fifty for Rohit Sharma. He has consecutive fifties now. He acknowledges the cheers and follows it up with a handshake with his captain. India 116/1, needs 128 more runs to win.
- Fifty run partnership: Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma bring up their fifty run stand and the duo after an initial vigil seem to have settled down. While Kohli has taken his time to get his eye, Rohit has been cautious in his approach. India needs 146 runs to win.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have steadied India after Trent Boult removed Shikhar Dhawan. Although the scoring has been slow, the duo has managed to rotate the strike and keep the scoreboard ticking. India needs 166 more runs to win.
- WICKET - Trent Boult strikes to remove Shikhar Dhawan. The southpaw was looking good but this time pushed an away going delivery that held its line and Ross Taylor pouches a fine catch at first slip.
- India is off to a good start with Shikhar Dhawan playing a couple of exquisite cover drives.
- Mohammed Shami took three wickets and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal and Hardik Pandya shared six wickets among themselves as India bowled out New Zealand for 243. Ross Taylor was the top-scorer for the Kiwis with a 106-ball 93.
- India bowls out New Zealand for 243.
- New Zealand is slipping fast and the Indian bowlers have once again put the visitor on top.
- WICKET - Mohammed Shami denies Ross Taylor a well-deserved hundred as he gets him for 93. Taylor ends up giving a regulation catch to the keeper and despite reviewing it, he has to depart as there is a clar mark on hotspot.
- WICKET - Hardik Pandya strikes to remove Henry Nicholls to leave New Zealand five down. Short delivery and Nicholls goes for the pull but the ball brushes his glove and Dinesh Karthik completes the formalities.
- WICKET - Yuzvendra Chahal breaks the stand and he gets Tom Latham against the run of play.
- Fifty for Ross Taylor - Much needed for New Zealand and the pair of Ross Taylor and Tom Latham has brought the Kiwis back in the game. India needs a breakthrough now.
- Tom Latham and Ross Taylor bring up their fifty run partnership and this is an important one for the Kiwis.
- WICKET - What a catch! Stunner from Hardik Pandya and Kane Williamson has to depart as Yuzvendra Chahal gets the big wicket.
- WICKET - Bhuvneshwar Kumar gets the prized scalp of the dangerous Martin Guptill and this has been impressive from India's new ball bowlers.
- WICKET - Mohammed Shami strikes and Colin Munro is on his way back. Munro was handed a life as Dinesh Karthik failed to grab a tough catch. But Shami ensures Munro doesn't cause much damage. Goes for an expansive drive only to give Rohit Sharma an easy catch at first slip.
- Here we go. Bhuvneshwar Kumar will start proceedings for India and it will be Martin Guptill on strike.
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik(w), Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal.
New Zealand (Playing XI): Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson(c), Ross Taylor, Tom Latham(w), Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Doug Bracewell, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.
Team News: MS Dhoni misses out as the wicket-keeper batsman is nursing a sore hamstring. Dinesh Karthik comes in. As expected, Vijay Shankar makes way for Hardik Pandya who will be playing his first game after suspension.
TOSS: New Zealand won the toss and have opted to bat
A well-deserved break on the cards, India captain Virat Kohli will be aiming to seal the five-match series when his team squares off against New Zealand in the third ODI on Monday.
The Indian captain has been given a break as part of BCCI’s workload management programme and he would ensure that he finishes his assignment Down Under on a high after the maiden Test and ODI victories in Australia.
An unassailable 3-0 lead would be a fitting revenge to India’s abject 0-4 humiliation during the 2014 limited overs series.
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bows out of quarterfinals, loses to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- WPL 2024: Grace Harris’ attacking fifty helps UP Warriorz ease past Gujarat Giants
- Ranji Trophy preview: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off