Sixteen English players are set to be a part of the IPL 2021 auction, scheduled for February 18 in Chennai.
All eyes are on world no.1 T20 batsman Dawid Malan, who has registered himself for a base price of Rs. 1.5 CR. The English lineup also includes the likes of former Rajasthan Royals' player Tom Curran and the Nayan Doshi who at 42 becomes the oldest player to register to be auctioned.
Notable names missing are those of England Test skipper Joe Root and batsman Tom Banton (who had a quiet IPL last season with Kolkata Knight Riders).
A total of 292 players will go under the hammer at the auction later this month.
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- PKL: Who has the most raid points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- Cristiano Ronaldo faces USD1B class-action lawsuit after promoting for Binance NFTs
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw