Josh Hazlewood was signed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 7.75 crore at the IPL 2022 auctions in Bengaluru on Saturday.
The Australian seamer was bought by Chennai Super Kings for Rs 2 crore ahead of IPL 2020, but played just three matches that season, picking one wicket at an economy of 6.4. In IPL 2021, Hazlewood bagged 11 wickets at 8.37 runs an over.
The 31-year-old was the second highest wicket-taker for Australia in its successful 2021 T20 World Cup campaign, picking 11 wickets in seven matches at 7.29
- Asian Games medallist Poovamma returns on track as justice arrives from Kerala High Court
- NED vs AFG Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rahmat, Shahidi rebuild after; Afghanistan 89/2 (17) in 180 chase
- Lanka police deploys anti-riot squad to protect SLC premises fearing protest
- NZ vs PAK, ICC World Cup 2023: Mickey Arthur says, ‘it’s like Groundhog Day’ for the hotel-bound Pakistan team in India
- Indian sports news wrap, November 3