South Africa fast bowler Anrich Nortje has been ruled out of IPL 2019 due to a shoulder injury. His absence puts the pace department of Kolkata Knight Riders in a spot as the side already lost Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi to injuries.
Speedster Sandeep Warrier and wrist-spinner K.C. Cariappa were the replacements for the pace duo, and now, Nortje’s injury calls for another quick in the mix. No replacements have been announced yet.
Nortje’s ability to clock 150 kmph sets him apart but the wear and tear is frequent. Nortje had missed part of the Mzansi Super League due to an ankle injury, and this was supposed to be his maiden IPL season.
The three games he played for Cape Town Blitz in Mzansi [where he claimed eight wickets] had an impact on KKR coach Jacques Kallis.
Nortje was picked at his base price of Rs 20 lakh at the auction in December.
- UP-W vs RCB-W live score, WPL 2024: UP Warriorz wins the toss and opts to bowl vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinal: Obstinate Rathod-Wadkar partnership puts Vidarbha in driving seat against MP
- La Liga reviews video of child racially abusing Vinicius
- Man arrested on suspicion of tragedy chanting during Manchester derby in Premier League
- UEFA Champions League: Tuchel’s job on the line as wounded Bayern Munich hosts Lazio