Kolkata Knight Riders captain Nitish Rana was fined Rs 12 lakh after his team maintained a slow over-rate during their Indian Premier League match against Punjab Kings at the Eden Gardens on Monday.
As it was his team’s first offence of the season under the IPL’s code of conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Rana was fined Rs 12 lakh, the league said in a statement.
On Monday night, Rinku Singh added to his reputation of being an expert finisher with a last-ball boundary as Kolkata Knight Riders beat Punjab Kings by five wickets to keep their IPL play-off hopes alive.
Skipper Rana’s half-century and Andre Russell’s exploits were followed by Rinku’s 10-ball 21 not out, as KKR managed to complete a chase of 180 at their home ground.
Varun Chakravarthy spearheaded their bowling department to grab 3 for 26 as KKR put up a tidy bowling show to restrict PBKS to a below-par 179 for seven after the visitors opted to bat on a slow wicket.
- India vs Nepal LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023: Rain stops play - IND 17/0 (2.1 overs); Rohit, Gill begin chase
- World Cup 2023: No surprises expected in Team India’s squad announcement
- Amlan Borgohain will be in Indian team for Asian Games: AFI chief
- Saudi Pro League clubs to play in Iran after travel ban lifted
- Indian sports news wrap, September 4