Gujarat Titans opener Shubman Gill scored his third hundred of the IPL 2023 season against Mumbai Indians in the Qualifier 2 match at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Friday..
The 23-year-old became the second Indian batter after Virat Kohli to hit three tons in a season, reaching the mark of 49 balls. Gill racked up the highest score in the IPL Playoffs as he fell after a 60-ball 129, laced with seven fours and 10 sixes.
Gill also became the third batter overall to cross 850 runs in an IPL season, behind Kohli (2016) and Jos Buttler (2022).
Last week, Gill had recorded two consecutive hundreds against Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad to become the fourth batter after Shikhar Dhawan, Buttler and Kohli to record successive tons in the IPL.
Overall in T20s, only Kohli, Rohit Sharma (six) and KL Rahul (six) have more hundreds than Gill’s five hundreds
- Shubhankar finishes eighth, achieves best ever result by an Indian at British Open
- What Google Won’t Tell You podcast: Murali Sreeshankar on long jump, basketball, speed cubing and sacrificing his beloved parotta
- Deodhar Trophy LIVE Score, Round 1: Central 30/0 (12 overs) v East; Sheth gets second wicket for West vs North East; streaming updates
- Formula 1: Hamilton takes positives from fourth in Hungary
- Novak Djokovic withdraws from Toronto tournament, opts for more rest after loss in Wimbledon final