Yuzvendra Chahal won the Purple Cup during the IPL 2022 final between Rajasthan Royals and Gujarat Titans on Sunday. The Purple Cap is awarded to the tournament's leading run-scorer.
The Rajasthan Royals spinner dismissed Hardik Pandya for his 27th wicket of the season, and went past RCB's Wanindu Hasaranga who had 26 wickets. Chahal ended his season with a bowling average of 19.51 and an economy of 7.75.
Chahal's tally is also the most by a spinner in an IPL season as he surpassed Imran Tahir (2019) and Hasaranga's tally of 26 wickets.
Most Wickets in IPL 2022
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw
- With their Olympic dreams shattered, Indian compound archers look to make peace with reality
- Hockey Senior Nationals 2023: A breeding ground for young Indian talents
- Full list of 20 teams qualified for the T20 World Cup 2024
- Sreeshankar to receive Jimmy George Award