India captain Jasprit Bumrah on Wednesday lauded the supremely confident youngsters who contributed to the team’s T20 series win in Ireland.
India won the series 2-0 after the third T20 was abandoned due to rain.
The series also marked a much-awaited comeback of Bumrah from a back surgery.
“Very happy to be back and play some cricket. Frustrating when you’re waiting for a game to happen. Did not see this coming, the weather was fine in the morning. An honour to lead the side, everyone was very eager and enthusiastic. Whenever you get an opportunity to lead your side, anyone would love to do that.”
“As a cricketer, you always want responsibility. All good, no complaints (on fitness front). It is makes my job easier when players are so confident, and they tell me what to do,” said Bumrah at the post-match presentation.
Ireland skipper Paul Stirling added: “Just periods of good cricket from us in patches. Lot of positives, but it’s about finishing those games off. Hopefully we’ll take these learnings.
“Brilliant to have India over and play in front of good crowds here. We would have been happier if we could have got some fresh faces out there tonight. It’s a buildup now for the next sort of 10 months,” he said.
- Colombia vs Brazil LIVE Score, FIFA World Cup qualifiers: Brazil maintains lead with Martinelli’s goal; Vinicius out injured; BRA 1-0 COL - updates after 70 mins
- Argentina vs Uruguay Live Score, FIFA World Cup qualifiers: ARG 0 - 1 URU, Araujo scores opener; Messi hits the crossbar
- Argentina vs Uruguay LIVE streaming info, FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Head to head, form guide, when and where to watch Messi play?
- Colombia vs Brazil LIVE Streaming info: When, where to watch FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier?
- Portugal beats Liechtenstein Highlights, LIE 0-2 POR, Euro 2024 qualifiers: Ronaldo scores opening goal