All tickets have been sold out for India’s opening ICC World T20 match against New Zealand here on Tuesday. The Vidarbha Cricket Stadium (VCA) stadium, located in the outskirts of the city, has a capacity of around 42,000 and nearly 10,000 tickets have been bought by the VCA members.
According to a VCA spokesperson, tickets for the public were sold through the online platform “BookMyShow”. The India - New Zealand match would be the second T20 to be played here; the first was played on December 9, 2009 and Sri Lanka beat India by 29 runs.
Indian team has always been a big draw here and it was the same on Sunday morning as hundreds gathered outside Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport to catch a glimpse of Dhoni & Co.
After the second Test against South Africa in November last year, the ICC gave the stadium an official warning, agreeing with the ‘poor rating’ given by the match referee Jeff Crowe. The association now has to follow the ICC guidelines that call for a fair contest between bat and ball.
- IND vs AUS: Ashwin in playing XI for India vs Australia 1st ODI, to play first one-day match in more than a year
- India vs Chinese Taipei, Live Score Volleyball Asian Games: IND 2-0 TPE; India leads 12-10 in third set - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- IND vs AUS Live Score 1st ODI: India opts to bowl against Australia; R Ashwin, Shreyas Iyer in playing XI
- Davis Cup: Post retirement, Rohan Bopanna ready to sit on captain’s chair
- IND vs AUS Live Toss Updates, 1st ODI: KL Rahul wins toss, India to bowl vs Australia in Mohali