A day after announcing retirement from all forms of cricket, Yusuf Pathan and R. Vinay Kumar were named in the India Legends team for the Unacademy Road Safety World Series, which begins in Raipur on March 5.
Another former India international Naman Ojha - who announced his retirement last week - has also been named in the side, which will be captained by Sachin Tendulkar.
Sanath Jayasuriya - who served a two-year ICC suspension that ended last year - has been named in the Sri Lanka Legends team, which also features Russel Arnold and Upul Tharanga. The team will be led by Tillakaratne Dilshan.
India Legends will play its first match against Bangladesh Legends on March 5 and Sri Lanka Legends starts its campaign against West Indies Legends on March 6.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez