Burnley has signed midfielder Aaron Ramsey from Aston Villa, both Premier League clubs said on Tuesday, with the England under-20 international penning a five-year contract.
No financial details have been disclosed but British media reported Burnley would pay Villa 14 million pounds ($17.82 million) for the 20-year-old.
“I’m absolutely buzzing,” Ramsey told the club website.
“I have been waiting to be a Burnley player for a while now and I’m really happy it’s all officially done now. I can’t wait to get started. I can’t wipe my smile off my face.”
Ramsey, who moved through Villa’s youth ranks, was a regular for its under-21 side in recent seasons with whom he won the FA Youth Cup in 2021.
He spent the 2022-23 campaign on loan with Norwich City and Middlesbrough in the Championship. Ramsey earned more than 30 caps with England youth teams, winning the under-19 European Championship in 2022.
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP collapses v Bengal
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.