Almoez Ali broke an Asian Cup goals record in spectacular fashion as he netted the opener for Qatar in Friday's final against Japan.
Coming into the showpiece match, breakout star Almoez had netted eight goals so far in the finals to tie Iran forward Ali Daei's single-tournament record from the 1996 edition.
And Almoez took just 12 minutes at Zayed Sports City Stadium to take that honour outright with a stunning goal.
The forward controlled Akram Hassan Afif's cross from the left and teed himself up for a sublime overhead kick that clipped the post on its way into the net for his ninth of the tournament.
- Russia says IOC rules for Russian athletes ‘discriminatory’
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti expecting Vinicius to return in January
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Ahmedabad Defenders loses to reigning champion Sicoma Perugia, out of semis race
- Olympic chiefs give green light to participation of Russian athletes as neutrals
- Verstappen says he and Red Bull can still do better