Spain will be without midfield anchor Sergio Busquets for Tuesday's Nations League decider at home to Germany after he was diagnosed with a sprained knee following Saturday's 1-1 draw away to Switzerland.
A medical report sent out by the Spanish soccer federation on Monday said Busquets had sprained his left knee and although the injury was described as “mild”, he has been advised to miss the game.
Barcelona's Busquets, 32, is also a doubt for his side's crucial La Liga match away to Atletico Madrid on Saturday, deepening the Catalans' injury woes after losing forward Ansu Fati for four months to a serious knee injury.
Spain must beat Group A4 leader Germany to progress to the final four of the Nations League.
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland