Spain will be without midfield anchor Sergio Busquets for Tuesday's Nations League decider at home to Germany after he was diagnosed with a sprained knee following Saturday's 1-1 draw away to Switzerland.
A medical report sent out by the Spanish soccer federation on Monday said Busquets had sprained his left knee and although the injury was described as “mild”, he has been advised to miss the game.
Barcelona's Busquets, 32, is also a doubt for his side's crucial La Liga match away to Atletico Madrid on Saturday, deepening the Catalans' injury woes after losing forward Ansu Fati for four months to a serious knee injury.
Spain must beat Group A4 leader Germany to progress to the final four of the Nations League.
Latest on Sportstar
- PKL 10: Gujarat Giants hopes to scout best young players, says coach Ram Mehar Singh
- PGA Tour players call for Jay Monahan’s resignation after merger
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain today at the Oval during Day 1 of India vs Australia match?
- Fiorentina vs West Ham, LIVE streaming info: Predicted 11, form, when and where to watch UEFA Conference League final
- Maharashtra Premier League Auction 2023: Naushad Shaikh most expensive player at Rs 6 lakh