Federico Chiesa returned to the Juventus squad for the first time since January on Wednesday after being selected for his team’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
Italy forward Chiesa has been out of action since suffering a serious left knee injury at the start of the year but is one of just three forwards in a line-up heavily affected by injuries.
Coach Massimiliano Allegri has to do without a raft of first-team players, including the likes of Angel Di Maria, Dusan Vlahovic and Paul Pogba, as his team try to salvage qualification for the Europa League from a disastrous European campaign.
Striker Moise Kean is the latest to be sidelined, reportedly with a thigh injury.
Juve can finish no higher than third in Group H having only collected three points from five fixtures.
And defeat to PSG would leave it at risk of being without European football come the new year, as bottom team Maccabi Haifa is level on points with Juve ahead of its home fixture with Benfica.
- Glenn Maxwell slams 201 to help Australia beat Afghanistan in ICC World Cup 2023: Live Reactions
- Maxwell records highest individual score in a run chase, slams double century during AUS vs AFG, World Cup 2023 match
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr LIVE: ALD v NAS, Coutinho starts, starting line-ups, AFC Champions League updates
- World Cup 2023 top wicket-takers after AUS vs AFG: Madushanka goes top; Zampa second, Shami fourth
- ISL 2023-24, Full points table after Punjab FC vs Hyderabad FC, both teams share points