Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo says suggestions of a "crisis" are overblown despite its emphatic defeat to Tottenham.
The Champions League holder was convincingly beaten by Spurs at Wembley on Wednesday, with Ronaldo's late goal a mere consolation after a Dele Alli double and a Christian Eriksen strike gave the home side the win.
The result came just three days after the LaLiga champion was beaten 2-1 by Girona , a result that saw it slip eight points adrift of league leader Barcelona.
Zinedine Zidane insisted there was no reason to panic despite its first back-to-back defeats since January, and Ronaldo was eager to back his coach.
"We're in a bad patch, we want to change it and that's what we'll do," he said. "We're at the start. It's the ending that counts. There's a lot of time to improve and I'm sure we can do it.
"Nothing has happened; they are bad spells. We can't always be okay. We have to be calm - I don't think the team is playing that badly.
"People try to look for things when you don't win [but] the team looks confident to me. I speak, I show my face, I'm confident. We're in a bad moment but things change. When you lose, things aren't as you want them to be.
"Losing 3-0 was a really big blow. The first goal of theirs was offside. The same thing happened at Girona, the second goal was offside. They're things you can't control.
"Things are what they are, you don't have to hide them and you have to be positive. People forget the good things very quickly.
"It's never a crisis. We can lose three or four games but it's never a crisis. You can't forget what we've done."
There have been claims Madrid's form this season has suffered due to a lack of options in the squad, with Pepe, Alvaro Morata and James Rodriguez all having been allowed to leave in the transfer window.
ALSO READ: Ronaldo: You can find all my goals on Google
Ronaldo believes a lack of experienced players is perhaps hampering its efforts but also highlighted injuries to the likes of Dani Carvajal and Gareth Bale as key problems.
"The players who came in have a lot of potential," he said. "Pepe, Morata, James made us stronger but the guys now are younger.
"We're also missing Carvajal, Bale... it's not a worse squad but we have less experience and that's very important. It's not an excuse. We can't give up."
- Table Tennis Live Score, Asian Games 2023: Sutirtha, Ayhika face North Korea in TT Semifinal, Women’s Doubles streaming info
- Jrue Holiday traded to Boston Celtics, as Portland continues making moves
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Vithya equals national record to qualify for women’s 400m final; Tejaswin fifth in men’s decathlon; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay, stays fourth with 55 medals
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India wins 2 bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Vithya Ramraj equals PT Usha’s national record in 400m hurdles heat