Manchester United captain Harry Maguire labelled Marcus Rashford the most talented player he has ever played with.
Rashford, 22, was enjoying a fine season, scoring 19 goals in 31 games, before suffering a serious back injury in January.
The England forward has continued to improve and Maguire lauded his United teammate's talent.
"I think as a club, you should have a captain and rely on him, but you need to spread the onus of the leadership in the group," the defender told UTD Podcast .
"Marcus is there and he battles through every game. Obviously he's had a bad injury but he's battling hard to get back. He very rarely misses games.
"He's always wanting to make himself available. I think you can see around the place, on and off the field as well, he's excellent with his charity work, which is great to see.
"On the pitch, like I said, he's amazed me. He's the most talented player I've ever played with."
Rashford, who also has 10 goals in 38 games for England, was enjoying his most prolific campaign for United, reaching double-digits in the Premier League for the second straight season.
While Maguire hailed his teammate, he was wary of putting too much pressure on Rashford.
"I've always spoken so highly of Marcus when I have been with him in the England squad. I can't speak highly enough of him. I think he's going to go on to have an exceptional career," he said.
"I don't want to put too much pressure on him but I think he's going to be a wonderful player for Manchester United, as he is now.
"He's the best six-a-side player I've played with. Marcus is in my team and I know he'd be banging in goals left, right and centre."
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, ICC World Cup 2023 Warm-up: Rain stops but forecast grim for IND vs NED
- ODI World Cup 2023: Aryan Dutt’s second home(coming) and a hope to spend time with Ashwin
- Pakistan vs Australia LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Full scorecard, streaming updates
- India vs South Korea Kabaddi HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Games 2023: IND dominates KOR with five all-out to win by 56-23
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 3 medals tally: India wins bronze in canoe sprint, boxing; Lovlina enters gold medal match, wins Paris Olympics quota