Leeds United announced the deadline day signing of defender, Diogo Monteiro, who joins the club from Swiss Super League side Servette FC on Tuesday.
Monteiro, who made his league debut for Servette at the age of 16, is the third youngest player to make an appearance in the Swiss Super League.
The defender has also made a number of international appearances through various age groups for Portugal, from Under-15 to Under-19 levels, representing the country over 30 times.
At the club level, he has played seven times in all competitions for the Maroons, who currently sit third in the league table.
The recently turned 18-year-old has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract at Elland Road and will initially join up with the Under-21s squad.
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window
- World Cup 2023: Buttler rues missed chances after England exits tournament after Australia loss
- ENG vs AUS, World Cup 2023: Australia registers fifth consecutive win, knocks England out of tournament
- Premier League 2023-24 roundup: Brentford upsets West Ham, Sheffield ends winless run and Palace beats Burnley
- India beats Pakistan in penalty shootout, wins bronze at Sultan of Johor Cup 2023
- Women’s Asian Champions Trophy: India beats South Korea to book final clash with Japan