The Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Brentford was delayed for six minutes at the Brentford Community Stadium on Sunday.
The match was set for 2 pm kick-off BST but the match was delayed even after the players had made thee way out on the pitch. The players practised a few passes as the referee waited for sometime to get a go-ahead to allow the match to begin.
Why was Bentford vs Tottenham delayed?
The kick-off for the game was delayed because of ‘A problem of sanitation’ at the stadium. That was the explanation given by the authorities as both managers looked bemused, waiting for the match to begin, the opening Premier League match for both sides this season.
A statement issued from Brentford to supporters declared: “Please be aware that we are currently dealing with an issue in relation to the water supply into the stadium which is affecting all related facilities.”
- India vs England LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: Rohit set for 100th match as IND captain; Toss, Playing XI updates
- Mexico City GP: Ferrari’s Leclerc takes pole position
- ODI World Cup 2023: Neesham reminded of 2019 final after run-out against Australia in thriller
- Serie A 2023-24: Embattled Juventus moves atop with 1-0 win over Verona
- Virat Kohli full batting stats against England ahead of IND vs ENG ODI World Cup 2023 match