Odisha FC bagged their fifth win on a trot in all competitions as it defeated Jamshedpur FC by 1-0 at the JRD Tata Sports Complex in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2023-24 on Friday.
“A lot of people ask me why I sign players who have worked with me before. It’s because I know these players both as professionals as well as persons. It’s very important to build a good connection between the Indian players and the foreign players,” Odisha FC head coach Sergio Lobera had recently said in an interaction with the league.
Lobera had some of his trusted lieutenants in his team, most importantly former Mumbai City midfielder Ahmed Jahouh. From his timely tackles to amazing assists, Jahouh was a complete package, with his goal-contributing effort came from a corner move in the 56th minute.
With four strikes, Diego Mauricio is the top-scoring player in the fixtures between Jamshedpur FC and Odisha FC. But, Lobera replaced him with Roy Krishna, surprising many.
But the move finally paid off when he met Jahouh’s corner kick with utmost precision and slotted it into the net from close range to hand Odisha FC the eventual winner of the game.
For Jamshedpur FC, its challenges in front of the game further extended, as consistent efforts by the creative duo of Rei Tachikawa and Jeremy Manzorro, along with the imposing presence of Daniel Chima Chukwu could not help it find the elusive goal despite attempting 20 shots and directing three of them on target in the game.
- One month before IPL 2024, Sawai Man Singh Stadium and RCA office sealed by Rajasthan Sports Council
- WPL 2024: Sajana Sajeevan - From paddy field cricket to overnight star for Mumbai Indians
- Indian sports wrap, February 24
- India vs England 4th Test Day 2 Highlights: IND 219/7, trails by 134; Jurel, Kuldeep at crease after ENG spinners dominate
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan Super Giant LIVE streaming info: When, where to watch ISL 2023-24 match