Indian Super League side Delhi Dynamos Football Club registered its first win by coming from behind to beat Swedish club Skene IF 2-1 at the Vavarevallan, here.
Delhi Dynamos, playing its second friendly match in Sweden as part of its pre-season training, was trailing for the majority of the match. But the away side produced yet another resilient performance, thanks to two second half goals from midfielders Kean Lewis and Marcelo Leite to register its maiden win of pre-season, much to the liking of its head coach Gianluca Zambrotta.
The match also saw the return of Ghanaian forward Richard Gadze and debut of Senegalese Baye Ibrahima Niasse.
Samir Nabi came close to scoring in the seventh minute of the match with a vicious strike, which was blocked by an onrushing defender with Kean Lewis also denied a brilliant solo effort. Kean picked up the ball in midfield and dribbled past a couple of defenders to fire in a powerful shot, but it was acrobatically saved by the goalkeeper to avert an initial setback for the host.
However, in the 35th minute of the match, Skene broke the deadlock much against the run of play with a superb strike from its striker Oscar. As had been the story for Zambrotta’s squad during the entire pre-season, it fell behind once again and went into the break chasing the game.
The away side started off strongly after the change of ends and kept on pressing hard for the equalizer and but as luck would it have it, its multiple attempts at finding the back of the net failed.
The hard work eventually paid off, and Delhi finally scored the equaliser through its talisman Kean.
With time running out, both teams were looking for the winning goal, but it was the visitor whose perseverance saw it go ahead in the match for the first time with its new foreign signing Marcelo Leite, curling in a wonderful free kick to beat the opposition goalkeeper.
- World Cup 2023: New Zealand team preview, squad, key players, form and prediction
- Asian Games 2023 Live Updates, October 4: Lovlina gets silver in 75kg boxing, IND 4-2 KOR in hockey semifinal; Jyothi-Ojas bag archery gold
- India vs South Korea LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023 hockey semis: IND leads 4-2 vs KOR at half-time
- ISL 2023-24, Bengaluru FC vs East Bengal LIVE Streaming info: When, where to watch Indian Super League?
- India vs Thailand Kabaddi Live Score, Asian Games 2023: IND leads THA in Women’s Group A, streaming info, match updates