Indian Super League (ISL) side FC Goa on Thursday announced the signing of goalkeeper Arshdeep Singh on a two-year contract.
Arshdeep who started his career with the AIFF Elite Academy, was earlier part of the Punjab-based I-League side Minerva Punjab FC. The 24-year-old featured in 29 matches including the club's title-winning I-League campaign in 2017-18 and the 2019 AFC Cup.
Arshdeep's most recent stint before signing for FC Goa was with another ISL side, Odisha FC, where he made 33 appearances across three seasons and made a total of 116 saves in the tournament.
“This is a dream come true for me. I've always wanted to play for FC Goa, so when I was presented with the opportunity this summer, I didn't have to think twice before agreeing terms,” Arshdeep was quoted as saying in a media release.
"The club has produced several names in the recent past who have gone on to shine for the Indian national team, and my aim is to join them. All that starts with starting games, winning matches and trophies for FC Goa,” he added.
- Shooting, Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score Updates: Rudrannksh Patil 9th after Series 1 in men’s 10m air rifle qualification - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Men’s 10m air rifle underway; Indians in action, Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 25: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST
- Newcastle smashes Sheffield United in 8-0 thrashing
- Tigst Assefa smashes women’s marathon world record in Berlin