La Liga has recently launched football schools in India for a comprehensive development of the game in India. In association with India On Track (IOT), the schools are being set up across cities. The programme in Kerala will be hosted at the local partner, CREORTS’ facilities and centres.
La Liga hopes the programme will be accessible to over 30 schools and 3,000 youngsters nationwide by the turn of this year.
The training programme at La Liga Football Schools will be delivered using the league's technical curriculum and detailed methodology and will be overseen by the programme technical director, Javier Cabrera.
Jose Cachaza, Managing Director, La Liga India said, “Kerala has been one of the frontrunners in the country when it comes to their love for football. It is with immense joy that we are launching the La Liga Football Schools in Thrissur for young kids over here to pursue their dreams and play football the La Liga way. We hope our programme help them to realise their potential and make their country proud at a global platform in this sport.”
To kick-off the programme in Kerala, free workshops will be conducted at the Cooperation Stadium, Thrissur, on October 27-28.
The La Liga Football Schools programme is just one of the many methods taken by the league to connect to the Indian fans. On October 28, there will be a special public viewing of El Clasico at the East Bengal Club ground in Koljata. La Liga ambassador and former Real Madrid midfielder, Steve McManaman, will be present in Kolkata to enjoy the biggest club rivalry in the world with Indian fans.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs