Atletico Madrid on Monday said it had signed 19-year-old striker Samu Omorodion from Granada.
The Spain under-19 international joins on a five-year contract. Spanish media reported Atletico had activated the striker’s buyout clause of six million euros ($6.5 million).
Omorodion, born to Nigerian parents, made his league debut for Granada in its season opener on August 14 against Atletico and scored the team’s goal in a 3-1 loss.
“We saw the boy play the other day, we saw him in the friendlies, he has interesting things, he has potential,” Atletico coach Diego Simeone said on Saturday.
Granada plays its second game of the season at home to Rayo Vallecano later on Monday.
On its website on Monday, Atletico said Omorodion “is a physical prodigy with great coordination despite his 1.93-metre height. He stands out with his explosiveness, he is very fast and has goals in him.”
Spanish media reported that Atletico plans to loan him out this season.
- Vinicius and Rodrygo score twice as Real thrash Valencia 5-1
- Mbappe scores three as PSG beats Reims to move top of Ligue 1
- Chelsea vs Manchester City LIVE Streaming Info: Premier League 2023-24: When and where to watch Haaland play, preview and more
- India vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs NED match today?
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads