Barcelona's American defender Sergino Dest has been sidelined because of a hamstring injury, the Spanish club said Monday.
Dest injured his right hamstring in the first half of Barcelona's 1-0 home loss to Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish league on Sunday.
The club said tests confirmed the injury and it was unclear whether the 21-year-old right-back will be able to return before the end of the season.
Barcelona has only five games left in the campaign. It sits second in the Spanish league, 15 points behind rival Real Madrid.
Dest has lost his place as a starter after the arrival of veteran Brazilian right-back Dani Alves.
- Honda’s Kavin Quintal clinches 10th position in 2023 ARRC finale
- AUS vs PAK: Warner and Smith are heroes in my mind, says Khawaja
- South Africa squads for India series: Bavuma rested for ODI, T20Is; Markram to lead
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India aims for a winning start, faces Korea in opener
- Indonesia expresses interest in hosting U-20 World Cup in 2025 with Singapore, says president Joko Widodo