The Spanish league on Wednesday denounced racist insults by a Barcelona fan against Real Madrid midfielder Vinícius Júnior during the “clásico” at the Camp Nou Stadium on Sunday.
The league said it will take the case to Spanish authorities so they can pursue the necessary measures against the fan.
It did not say when the incident took place during the match won 2-1 by Madrid . No other details were immediately provided. The 21-year-old Brazil international started and played most of the game.
The league last year condemned racist insults by Espanyol fans against Athletic Bilbao forward Iñaki Williams.
Latest on Sportstar
- RMA 1-1 ATH; La Liga Highlights: Benzema goal helps Real Madrid secure draw against Athletic Bilbao
- Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad to sign Benzema on two-year deal - Saudi state media
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid
- Two-time major winner Morikawa exits Memorial with back spasms
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court