Lionel Messi did not speak with reporters after his Major League Soccer debut, a violation of the league’s media rules.
Messi scored in the 89th minute of Inter Miami’s 2-0 win over the New York Red Bulls on Saturday night.
Miami spokeswoman Molly Dreska said after the match that Messi was not being made available to reporters.
Dan Courtemanche, MLS’s executive vice president of communications, said before the game that Messi, like all players, was required to be available to media after games.
- Premier League 2023-24: Garnacho’s outrageous goal helps United beat Everton 3-0 amid protests
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 Live Score, Round 3: TN takes on Bengal, Mumbai aims to tame Railways, Karnataka vs Delhi; Toss updates
- Italy beats Australia, reclaims Davis Cup title after 47 years
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE Streaming info: When, where to watch AFC Cup?
- IPL 2024: Hardik Pandya’s likely transfer to Mumbai Indians continues to be talking point hours after retention deadline