Luka Modric perhaps suggested he is interested in a move to Inter by liking a social media post from Croatia team-mate Ivan Perisic.
Modric has been strongly linked with the Serie A side despite being an integral part of a Real Madrid team that has won four Champions League titles in five years.
After starring for finalists Croatia at the World Cup, where Modric was awarded the Golden Ball for the tournament's best player, Inter emerged as serious contender to sign the 32-year-old.
Modric is yet to comment on the speculation, although new Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui is determined to keep him at the Santiago Bernabeu and the player has returned to training.
Inter has already signed one Croatia international in this transfer window, bringing in right-back Sime Vrsaljko from Atletico Madrid.
Perisic welcomed Vrsaljko to Inter in a social media post on Friday, tagging in another international colleague, Marcelo Brozovic, and using the hashtag #WhoIsMissing?
Modric was cheekily tagged in the post by Perisic and the Madrid midfielder has even liked the post.
Madrid has already lost one of its star players heading into the 2018-19 season, five-time Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo leaving for Juventus in a deal worth €112 million.
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2