Sassuolo has signed Brazilian defender Marlon from Barcelona for a fee potentially rising to €12million. The 22-year-old found opportunities limited at Camp Nou and was recalled halfway through a two-season loan spell with Nice in order to be moved on.
Though he made just two LaLiga appearances, Barca has included a buy-back option in the deal for the former Fluminense man.
Sassuolo has paid an initial €6million with the amount to be doubled if Marlon, who reportedly attracted interest from West Ham, earlier, in pre-season, plays 50 games for his new club.
The Blaugrana will receive 50 per cent of any future fee if he does not reach that mark. The versatile ex-Brazil Under-20 international could make his Serie A debut at home to Inter this Sunday.
- Asian Games 2023 Athletics Day 2: Toor, Sable strike gold; Jyothi overcomes false start controversy, veterans stamp their class
- A last-minute injury, a loss to China, India falls just short in men’s team badminton at Asian Games 2023
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner
- ISL 2023-24: Luna goal gives Kerala Blasters 1-0 win against Jamshedpur FC
- Fleetwood secures Ryder Cup for Europe after American fightback