Premier League struggler Wolves has signed midfielder Joao Gomes from Brazilian side Flamengo on a long-term deal for a reported fee of £15 million ($18.5 million).
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window
Gomes, who won the Copa Libertadores last year, moved to Molineux despite interest from Lyon, becoming the sixth signing Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui has made in the January transfer window.
The 21-year-old Brazilian’s transfer is subject to a work permit and international clearance.
“Gomes landed in England on Sunday, before completing his introductions and medical tests, and put pen to paper on a five-and-a-half-year deal, with the option of a further 12 months,” the club said in a statement on Monday.
Wolves is currently 17th in the Premier League, level on points with Bournemouth, which is in the relegation zone.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Brathwaite take West Indies forward in 365 chase vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone