Liverpool might be cruising towards the title but the runaway Premier League leader could still face a crucial fight in the near future.
According to a new report, star centre-back Virgil van Dijk has become a top target for Italian giants Juventus.
Could a record-breaking transfer to Turin appeal to the Netherlands international?
TOP STORY – JUVE SET SIGHTS ON VAN DIJK
Maurizio Sarri's Juve has identified Reds defender Van Dijk as the man to help achieve its Champions League dream, according to The Sun .
The Bianconeri are said to be preparing a €178.5million (£150m) offer that could force Liverpool to consider parting company with the 28-year-old, who swapped Southampton for Merseyside in a £75m move in January 2018.
The report claims Van Dijk "may be open to a move abroad" if he wins the Premier League this term, which now appears a mere formality.
The proposed fee would eclipse the £80m that saw Harry Maguire leave Leicester City for Manchester United and again make Van Dijk the world's most expensive player in his position.
- After signing Maguire, the Red Devils appear to be pining for another expensive defender. The Daily Star suggests the club will ramp up its attempts to capture Kalidou Koulibaly in the close season - although the Napoli centre-back could cost up to £90m.
- Arsenal rejected a deadline-day approach for Mesut Ozil from an unnamed Qatar club, the Mirror states. Ozil, 31, reportedly "would have been willing to listen" to an offer, but the contact came too late for the Gunners to arrange a replacement.
- La Liga leader Real Madrid considered signing teenage attacker Amine Gouiri and contacted Lyon before deciding against lodging a formal January bid, according to L'Equipe.
- Barcelona is close to agreeing a deal that will see Chelsea winger Willian arrive on a free at season's end, reports Marca .
- Gouiri is not the only Lyon youngster attracting interest. Milan, already planning for next season, is monitoring the Ligue 1 club's promising right-back Pierre Kalulu, claims CalcioMercato .
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 51-57 DEN; Denver ahead at half-time - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best