India’s two-time Asian Tour winner Rahil Gangjee won the $75,000 Louis Philippe Cup golf tournament with a stunning 7-under 63 final round at Prestige Golfshire Club here on Friday.
Gangjee started the final day of the Asian Development Tour (ADT) and PGTI co-sanctioned event in tied-fifth position, and four shots behind overnight leaders Udayan Mane and Rashid Khan. The Bengaluru-based Gangjee (11-under 269) scripted an incredible comeback to win by three strokes, and the $13,125 winner’s cheque.
Third round report: Udayan, Rashid share lead at end of 3rd round
This is Gangjee’s second title of the year after his Panasonic Open victory in Japan earlier this year. “Over the last year, I have played the final rounds one shot at a time without keeping any target. Today was no different and it worked for me,“ Gangjee said.
Rashid, who made bogeys on the 11th, 13th and 16th holes, finished joint-second alongside Om Prakash Chouhan. Udayan and Australian Marcus Both took tied-fourth, while local lad Khalin Joshi finished sixth.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures