India beat Pakistan 4-0 to dump the archrival out of the Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament. Japan finished fourth ahead of Pakistan.
Malaysia won its final group stage game 1-0 against Korea to end its tally at 12 points. Korea, despite the loss, managed to sneak through to the last four.
Japan failed to leapfrog Pakistan and enter the top four despite a 2-1 victory against China on Wednesday.
Japan remains out of the semifinal places on goal difference. Pakistan faces home-team India and can get into the semifinals with either a win or a draw. However, if Pakistan loses by more than one goal to India, Japan will advance to the last four stage.
Here is the updated points table:
|Team||Games||Won||Lost||Draw||Goals For||Goals Against||Goal Difference||Points|
The teams will play a total of five games in the round robin stage. The top four will advance to the semifinals.
- IND vs SL, World Cup 2023: Madushanka registers five-wicket haul against India
- IND vs SL Live Score, World Cup 2023: India 352/6 (49); Kohli falls for 88; Shreyas dismissed for 82; Madushanka picks fifer
- Shreyas Iyer becomes joint-second fastest Indian to score 2000 ODI runs during World Cup 2023 match against Sri Lanka
- VIDEO: Lionel Messi celebrates Ballon d’Or win with Inter Miami squad
- ISL 2023-24: Full points table after Jamshedpur FC vs Mohun Bagan Super Giant; Mariners go top