The Indian men's and women's hockey teams on Wednesday left for Brussels ahead of the upcoming FIH Hockey Pro League scheduled to be held on June 11 and 12.
Both the Indian teams will take on hosts Belgium in double-headers on June 11 and 12.
"Obviously, we are excited for this trip as we have been given a great opportunity in the form of FIH Hockey Pro League games to play against some of the top teams in Europe," India women's team captain Savita said prior to the team's departure
Indian women's team is currently occupying the third spot in the FIH Pro League table with 22 points in eight games.
It is only behind table leader Argentina (38 points) and the Netherlands (second position- 26 points).
However, the Indian team played fewer games than Argentina and the Netherlands and has an opportunity to move up the ranks if they win all their remaining fixtures.
The Indian men's squad is currently placed at the second spot in the FIH Pro League table. It is just three points behind the top-placed Netherlands.
"We are delighted to play against some of the top teams in the world on their home soil," India men's team captain Amit Rohidas said in a Hockey India release.
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top
- Vaishali, India’s third female Grandmaster, is making all the right moves
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info