Hockey India on Monday has initiated interactive sessions for umpires and technical officials to improve their officiating knowledge and fitness levels.
Hockey India is carrying out interactive sessions across six WhatsApp groups, three for technical officials and three for umpires.
A total of over 100 registered officials are taking part in the interactive sessions six days a week.
Experienced tournament directors and umpire managers who are conducting the sessions include Moghul Mohammed Muneer, Claudius de Sales and H S Sokhi.
"Hockey India has put a brilliant process and structure in place in order to improve the standards of officiating in Hockey.
"Officials are as important as players in any sport and the interactive sessions which normally take place prior to each of the domestic tournaments has definitely help the umpires and officials in the past and we believe that during this lockdown period, that officials can further improve their knowledge of FIH Rules and Regulations and raise the level of officiating,” said Mohammed Mushtaque Ahmad, president Hockey India.
The umpires and technical officials are following a specific plan and timings as devised by the respective tournament directors and umpire managers.
- Kerala Blasters vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, KBFC 1-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Luna on the mark again as Blasters wins second match on the trot
- UEFA’s invites scrutiny over relaxing international ban on Russia
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan team preview, squad, key players, form and prediction
- Irani Cup 2023: From Southampton to Rajkot via Mumbai - Sudharsan’s long day for Rest of India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 1 - Avinash Sable, Tajindarpal Singh Toor, men’s shooting trap team win gold; India 4th with 13 gold, 53 medals