The Indian junior women’s hockey team came from behind to score a creditable 3-3 draw against England in the 4 Nations Tournament here on Sunday.
Hina Bano (6th), Rutuja Dadaso Pisal (49th) and Mumtaz Khan (53rd) scored a goal each for India.
Le Huray Martha (4th, 19th) and Alexander Beth (9th) were on target for England.
England began the match on a strong note with Martha scoring a field goal in the fourth minute of the game. India, however, responded quickly with an equaliser through Hina who scored a field goal.
Beth doubled England’s lead after successfully converting a penalty corner.
At the end of the first quarter, England was leading 2-1.
India increased the frequency of its attacks in an attempt to level the score but England extended their lead with Martha finding the back of the net once again.
At half-time, England were leading 3-1. There were no goals in the third quarter.
In the fourth quarter, India began making attacking moves to cover the deficit. Rutuja got India back in the game scoring a fine field goal. The Indian team kept England under pressure by attacking rigorously.
Mumtaz then found the back of the net after successfully converting a penalty corner to make it 3-3. India will next take on Spain on August 22.
- England vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 78/1 (12); Malan, Root rebuild after Bairstow falls; ENG vs NED updates
- Shubman Gill overtakes Babar Azam to become No 1 ODI batter; Siraj claims top bowling spot
- ISL Diary: Chennai in carnival mode
- Mitoma heads full-strength Japan squad to start World Cup qualifying
- Asian Archery C’Ships: Jyothi Surekha, Parneet Kaur ensure all-Indian women’s compound final