- May 29, 2023 01:26El Bakkali smashes meet record
El Bakkali into the last lap. He has a 30m lead and he will be looking to cut a sub-eight mark. He is grimacing, but shows no sign of slowing down. He celebrates even before he crosses the line. It is 7:56:69. It is the eight-fastest 3000m SC race of all time and it is a new Meet Record. Wale and Kibiwot finish second and third respectively.
Sable finishes with a timing of 8:17:18. Even his personal best would have gotten him only to fifth. Not a bad race, considering it is his first 3000m SC race of the season.
- May 29, 2023 01:21El Bakkali surges
El Bakkali, Wale and Kibiwot are dominating the race. The trio have broken away from the rest. Sable is trailing by some distance, but could actually imrpove his timing, considering this rapid pace.
- May 29, 2023 01:19Record pace in the first KM
The pace setters have dropped off. It has been a record start to the race. Bakkali has started to push on the accelerator. Sable is in the trailing pack and is finding it hard to catch up.
- May 29, 2023 01:17Slow start for Sable
Morocco’s Bouassel setting the pace for the field. El Bakkali is third. Sable is closer to the back of the pack at the end of the second lap.
- May 29, 2023 01:153000m SC race begins
All eyes on home favourite Bakkali, who is near invincible in this event. His confidence stands out in the way he gestures towards the camera before the race,
Sable is close to the inside track. He is in a light blue kit.
And the race is flagged off.
- May 29, 2023 01:09What happened in the 2022 Rabat Diamond League 3000m SC race?
Soufiane El Bakkali of Morocco won by a meet record time of 7:58.
Sable finished fifth, with a then-national record timing of 8.12.48.
- May 29, 2023 01:03Another replug of ‘THAT’ CWG race
- May 29, 2023 01:00Starting List for tonight’s race
- May 29, 2023 00:54Sable’s 3000m SC National Record progression
September 28, 2018 - Federation Cup - 8:29.80
March 18, 2019 - Federation Cup - 8:28.94
October 1, 2019 - World championships - 8:25.23
October 4, 2019 - World championships - 8:21.37
March 17, 2021 - Federation Cup - 8:20.20
July 30, 2021 - Tokyo Olympics - 8:18.12
March 23, 2022 - Indian Grand Prix - 8:16.21
June 5, 2022 - Rabat Diamond League - 8:12.48
August 6, 2022 - Birmingham Commonwealth Games - 8:11.20
- May 29, 2023 00:50A historic silver medal!
- May 29, 2023 00:43Sable’s envious achievements
National record - 3000m steeplechase - 8:11.20
National record - 5000m - 13:19.30s
National record - Half marathon - 1:00:30s
Silver medal - Doha 2019 Asian athletics championships - 3000m steeplechase
Silver medal - Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
Arjuna Award - India’s second-highest award for sportspersons - in 2022
Broke the 3000m steeplechase national record seven consecutive times
First Indian to qualify for Olympics in 3000m steeplechase in 68 years
- May 29, 2023 00:41Sable’s competition
Tokyo Olympic champion Soufiane El Bakkali of Morocco, who also won Diamond League 2022 and the Rabat leg clocking 7:58.28 will compete again this year
Kenya’s Rio 2016 Olympic champion Conseslus Kipruto, Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist Benjamin Kigen and Commonwealth Games champion Abraham Kibiwot - will be the other major contenders for Sable.
- May 29, 2023 00:36Live Streaming Details
When is the 2023 Diamond League meet in Rabat?
The 2023 Diamond League meet in Rabat will be held on Monday - May 29 (IST).
Where in Rabat will the 2023 Diamond League meet take place?
The 2023 Diamond League meeting in Rabat will be held at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.
At what time will men’s 3000m steeplechase competition begin at 2023 Doha Diamond League?
The men’s 3000m steeplechase competition at the 2023 Rabat Diamond League, in which India’s Avinash Sable will participate, will begin at 1:16 AM IST.
Where to watch men’s 3000m steeplechase competition at 2023 Doha Diamond League?
The men’s 3000m steeplechase competition at 2023 Doha Diamond League will be broadcast on Sports18 and live streamed on JioCinema app/website.
- May 29, 2023 00:18Preview
Avinash Sable, Commonwealth Games silver medallist in 3000m steeplechase, will begin his 2023 season at the Diamond League meet at Rabat, Morocco on Monday.
This will be Sable’s second Diamond League appearance. Last year, the Indian, who made his Diamond League debut, finished fifth securing the then-national record of 8.12.48 at the Morocco meet.
- Eng vs Aus Live Score, 4th Test Day 2, Ashes 2023: Crawley, Ali give England control
- Korea Open 2023: Satwik-Chirag pair reaches quarterfinals; Prannoy, Priyanshu bow out
- Wimbledon 2023: Barbora Strycova hails motherhood as factor in doubles success
- Emerging Asia Cup: India A bank on all-round strength against tricky Bangladesh A
- Laxita Sandilea sets sights on crowning glory at World University Games