The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 4.7 million people, and spreading across 216 countries.
Premier League clubs are set for a training return on Tuesday while the Bundesliga restarted the season over the weekend behind closed doors after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead last week. It was the first major footballing league to return after lockdown in Europe. Celtic won a ninth-straight Scottish Premiership title after the season was ended.
While the La Liga has announced clubs can train with a group of 10 players, Serie A is eyeing a restart on June 13.
Other big events like the IPL, several Formula One and Moto GP Grands Prix, Wimbledon, NBA etc. have all been either postponed or cancelled.
Here are the biggest news stories from the world of sport, as they happen:
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 30- India wins gold in squash men’s team, tennis mixed doubles; IND 4th with 10 gold, 38 medals
- Sutirtha and Ayhika, the Mukherjees from Naihati, who tamed the Chinese in their game at their den
- Asian Games 2023, September 30, HIGHLIGHTS: Indian men’s squash team wins gold; Rohan-Rutuja duo wins tennis mixed doubles gold; finishes 4th with 10 gold medals
- Kartik, Gulveer reap rewards of high-intensity training with silver and bronze at Asian Games 2023
- PCB wants ICC to expedite visa process for media and fans for World Cup 2023 travel