Star shot putter Tejinder Pal Singh Toor will be India’s flag-bearer at the South Asian Games opening ceremony, to be held on Sunday in Nepal’s capital city of Kathmandu.
The 25-year-old Toor is the reigning Asian Games champion.
“The IOA is honoured to bestow to you, Mr Tejinder Pal Singh Toor, the priviliege of being the flagbearer of the Indian contingent at the Opening Ceremony pf the XIII South Asian Games -- 2019 in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal,” IOA secretary General Rajeev Mehta communicated to Toor.
The Games will be held from December 1 to 10 in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Newcastle smashes Sheffield United in 8-0 thrashing
- Tigst Assefa smashes women’s marathon world record in Berlin
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City FC beats NorthEast United FC 2-1
- Asian Games 2023: Chhetri and Jhingan turn coaches on field, guiding India into round of 16 in Hangzhou
- Chelsea trying to end goal drought after loss against Aston Villa