The Tamil Nadu State Olympic Association (TNOA) felicitated the State’s 2018 Asian Games medal-winners at the Nehru stadium on Sunday.
Of the 15 athletes, only squash players Joshna Chinappa, Sunayna Kuruvilla and Harinder Pal Sandhu turned up.
For, some were busy with competitions and some were to attend the felicitation function organised by the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) in Delhi on the same day (Sunday), according to the TNOA general secretary J.M. Fernando.
He added that the TNOA didn’t have enough time to reschedule its function after getting to know the IOA was holding its felicitation on the same day.
The three players were presented a gold coin each by the TNOA president N. Ramachandran.
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- EURO 2024: Which group is the Group of Death at the European Championship?