Saurabh Chaudhary set a new World Record score of 245.0 to clinch the gold medal in the men's 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi on Sunday. The win secures Saurabh an Olympic quota for the 2020 Olympics.
Saurabh broke the previous World Record set by Ukraine's Omelchuk Oleh in May 2018 at the Munich World Cup by 1.4 points.
The 16-year-old shot 587 to qualify for the final round and moved to the top of the table with 51.2 from five shots. He held on to his lead and cruised to the gold with a final score of 245, with a winning margin of over five points over second-placed Mikec Damir (239.3). Former Olympic gold medallist Wei Pang finished third with a score of 215.2.
Saurabh was the youngest Indian gold medallist at the Asian Games when he bagged the top honor in Jakarta in 2018. The youngster also won the gold medal at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games and pocketed three gold medals at the Asian Airgun Championship 2018.
To date, he is the first Indian shooter to win gold at the Youth Olympic, Asian games, Junior ISSF world championship and Asian Airgun championship.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 251/3; Labuschagne, Carey at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika trail in Mixed Doubles R-32
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals